Location: Reston, VA
Position Type: Full Time
Clearpath Solutions Group is a technology integrator focused on storage, networking, and virtualization. Clearpath continues our tremendous growth story and the future is looking ever brighter for our company. We are investing in key personnel to help us achieve our vision of a full service data center services company. Due to continued growth, a strong market for our services, and a world-class reputation, we’re seeking a network engineer to join our growing IP networking practice. This individual will be part of our Technical Services team. The successful candidate should be comfortable in customer-facing scenarios, with the ability to clearly communicate and document their efforts.
The role requires an understanding of routing, switching, security configurations, network troubleshooting, and extensive hands-on experience with Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, and other devices.
Extensive knowledge of IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, ASA, FTD/FXOS and BGP are required. Knowledge of IOS-XR, Palo Alto firewalls, VMware vSphere, VMware NSX, and Cisco ISE are preferred.
Candidates should have a strong command of the entire Cisco product line, specifically Nexus 3K/5K/7K/9K, Catalyst 2K/3K/4K/6K/9K, ISR 4K/ASR 1K/9K/CSRv routers, ASA/Firepower, and Cisco ISE.
Candidates should also have a strong understanding of integrations, implementation and migration strategies of networking technologies within datacenter environments to include WAN, LAN, DCI, and SAN.
- Design, deploy, and troubleshoot mid- and large-scale network deployments
- Configure networking hardware to latest industry and manufacturer standards and best practices
- Work closely with Project Managers and other teams to provide successful implementation and consulting needs for customers
- Successfully document implemented design configurations, technologies and topologies for our customers
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Education Level – Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent
- 3+ years of Cisco-specific network implementation and administration experience
- Cisco CCIE strongly desired
- Superior fault analysis, strong troubleshooting and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, adhere to deadlines, ability to both work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated effective client management (internal or external) skills
- Additional training in VMware, Palo Alto, EMC, Microsoft and Linux are a plus
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Clearpath Solutions Group is one of the leading commercial IT infrastructure solutions provider with operations in the greater DC, Northern Virginia, Baltimore, and Boston metro areas. With a strict focus on the commercial marketplace, we understand the technology challenges that small, medium and large businesses face. Through the use of highly efficient technologies, we help our clients become more agile, reduce cost, and remain strong in an increasingly competitive environment. Clearpath has received several recognitions for industry expertise and company growth including CRN’s Managed Servicer Provider 500 List, CRN’s Solution Provider 500, CRN’s Tech Elite 250, EMC’s 2012 SMB Partner of the Year and the Inc. Fastest Growing Companies 500/5000 Lists. Clearpath continues to grow at a blistering pace, a demonstration of our commitment to our clients.
Virtualization, Data Storage, and Data Center technologies are the core of Clearpath’s technology and service offerings. Clearpath takes a consultative approach to its client engagements which are based on gaining understanding of our clients challenges, and deep subject-matter expertise.
Clearpath primarily leverages technology solutions based on EMC, VMware, and Cisco Systems product lines.
Clearpath offers a comprehensive benefits package. We provide employee healthcare and dental insurance options, vision discount plans, as well as free long-term disability and life insurance coverage. We provide a 401k retirement plan. Clearpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer.