Location: Herndon, VA
Position Type: Full Time
Clearpath is a technology integrator focused on cloud solutions (private, public, hybrid), data storage, networking and virtualization. Due to continued growth, a strong market for our services, and a world-class reputation, we’re seeking a systems engineer who will be responsible for implementing, configuring, and, maintaining Windows servers in virtualized production and development environments. This individual will work with other team members internal and external to the department to troubleshoot problems and implement new solutions. The successful candidate should be comfortable in customer-facing scenarios, with the ability to clearly communicate and document their efforts.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide tier 1 and tier 2 systems administration and engineering support for Windows systems in Virtual and Cloud environments.
- Manage daily issues and requests while performing infrastructure maintenance tasks
- Effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels within the organization
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation of server and application environments
- Analyze and resolve infrastructure issues.
Skills & Requirements
Education: Bachelors degree in technical field and/or equivalent experience/training
- 2+ years of hands-on enterprise administration experience
- Proficient with Windows Server 2008 and 2012 (including IIS, Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS)
- Experience with managing a VMWare, Amazon Web Services or other virtual environment
- Experience with software installation/upgrading procedures
- Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
- General understanding of TCP/IP basics such as IP addressing, subnets, VLANs.
- Knowledge of scripting, PHP and/or Python is a plus
- Excellent systems administration, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must display strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
Clearpath Solutions Group is one of the leading commercial IT infrastructure solutions provider with operations in the greater DC, Northern Virginia, Baltimore, and Boston metro areas. With a strict focus on the commercial marketplace, we understand the technology challenges that small, medium and large businesses face. Through the use of highly efficient technologies, we help our clients become more agile, reduce cost, and remain strong in an increasingly competitive environment. Clearpath has received several recognitions for industry expertise and company growth including CRN’s Managed Servicer Provider 500 List, CRN’s Solution Provider 500, CRN’s Tech Elite 250, EMC’s 2012 SMB Partner of the Year and the Inc. Fastest Growing Companies 500/5000 Lists. Clearpath continues to grow at a blistering pace, a demonstration of our commitment to our clients.
Virtualization, Data Storage, and Data Center technologies are the core of Clearpath’s technology and service offerings. Clearpath takes a consultative approach to its client engagements which are based on gaining understanding of our clients challenges, and deep subject-matter expertise.
Clearpath primarily leverages technology solutions based on EMC, VMware, and Cisco Systems product lines.
Clearpath offers a comprehensive benefits package. We provide employee healthcare and dental insurance options, vision discount plans, as well as free long-term disability and life insurance coverage. We provide a 401k retirement plan. Clearpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]