Location: Baltimore, MD
Position Type: Full Time
This Solutions Architect will be responsible for the Baltimore, MD area supporting several Field Account Managers.
Clearpath Solutions Group is a technology integrator focused on storage, networking, and virtualization – both on-premises and in the cloud. Clearpath continues our tremendous growth story and the future is looking ever brighter for our company. We are investing in key personnel to help us achieve our vision of a full service data center services company. Due to continued growth, a strong market for our services, and a world-class reputation, we’re seeking a Solutions Architect to join our team.
Clearpath’s Solutions Architects are considered among the best in the business. Leveraging a proven consulting methodology, a strong technical background and the support of their peers, our team members work hand in hand with our clients to implement technology solutions to vexing business challenges. As part of the Sales Team, our Solutions Architects are the first to engage potential and existing clients at a technical level. They work with our clients to understand the detailed requirements, craft a solution, and help present it back to the client in a clear and concise manner.
- As a Solutions Architect, this person will act as the Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) supporting the primary Sales Rep/Territory Account Manager when interfacing with prospective clients
- Participate in prospective client meetings, presentations, conference calls, web conferences, and whiteboard sessions.
- Design and/or recommend technical solutions based on top tier virtualization, storage and backup technologies (e.g. VMware, Dell, Cisco, AWS)
- Create detailed Statements of Work for proposed solutions• Provide knowledge transfer to Professional Services Implementation Consultants as project moves into delivery phase
- Maintain professional communication with internal and external clients
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, adhering to deliverable deadlines
- Upkeep of customer satisfaction throughout the lifecycle of the engagement
- Obtain various vendor-related training and certification levels
- Continually stay abreast of the latest developments in virtualization, storage, networking and cloud products
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience required
- 5+ years of experience with storage and virtualization products
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with a variety of the following:
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- VMware vSphere, VMware Horizon, VMware NSX, vSAN, SRM, etc.
- Dell EMC storage arrays (Unity, Powermax, VxRail, Isilon etc.)
- Dell EMC Avamar, Networker, and DataDomain
- Nimble Storage
- Pure Storage
- Cisco or Brocade fibre channel switching infrastructure
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Mastery of fundamental storage concepts such as IOPS, throughput, RAID technologies, zoning, and LUN masking
- Microsoft technologies (Exchange, SQL, Active Directory, DFS)
- Windows and Unix operating systems (Windows, AIX, HPUX, Solaris, Linux)
- Snapshot and Replication software for storage arrays
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Zerto Virtual Replication
- Working knowledge of standard TCP/IP networking (subnetting, trunking, VLANs, etc)
- Working knowledge of fibre channel, iSCSI, and FCoE storage networking
- Detail orientated and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, self-directed, strong work ethic and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to engage in multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated effective client management (internal or external) skills
Clearpath Solutions Group is one of the leading commercial IT infrastructure solutions provider with operations in the greater DC, Northern Virginia, Baltimore, and Boston metro areas. With a strict focus on the commercial marketplace, we understand the technology challenges that small, medium and large businesses face. Through the use of highly efficient technologies, we help our clients become more agile, reduce cost, and remain strong in an increasingly competitive environment. Clearpath has received several recognitions for industry expertise and company growth including CRN’s Managed Service Provider 500 List, CRN’s Solution Provider 500, CRN’s Tech Elite 250, and the Inc. Fastest Growing Companies 500/5000 Lists. Clearpath continues to grow at a blistering pace, a demonstration of our commitment to our clients.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]