Position Type: Full Time
This Solution Engineer will be responsible for the Reston, VA area
Clearpath Solutions Group is a technology integrator focused on storage, networking, and virtualization – both on-premises and in the cloud. Clearpath continues our tremendous growth story and the future is looking ever brighter for our company. We are investing in key personnel to help us achieve our vision of a full service data center services company. Due to continued growth, a strong market for our services, and a world-class reputation, we’re seeking a Solution Engineer to join our team.
Clearpath’s Solution Engineers are considered among the best in the business. Leveraging a proven consulting methodology, a strong technical background and the support of their peers, our team members work hand in hand with our clients to implement technology solutions to vexing business challenges. As part of the Sales Team, our Solution Engineers are the first to engage potential and existing clients at a technical level. They work with our clients to understand the detailed requirements, craft a solution, and help present it back to the client in a clear and concise manner.
- As a Solution Engineer, this person will act as the Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) supporting the primary Sales Rep/Territory Account Manager when interfacing with prospective clients
- Participate in prospective client meetings, presentations, conference calls, web conferences, and whiteboard sessions.
- Design and/or recommend technical solutions based on top tier virtualization, storage and backup technologies (e.g. VMware, EMC, Cisco, AWS)
- Create detailed Statements of Work for proposed solutions• Provide knowledge transfer to Professional Services Implementation Consultants as project moves into delivery phase
- Maintain professional communication with internal and external clients
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, adhering to deliverable deadlines
- Upkeep of customer satisfaction throughout the lifecycle of the engagement
- Obtain various vendor-related training and certification levels
- Continually stay abreast of the latest developments in virtualization, storage, networking and cloud products
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience required
- 5+ years of experience with storage and virtualization products
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of one or more of the following:
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- VMware vSphere, VMware Horizon, VMware NSX, vSAN, SRM, etc.
- EMC storage arrays (VMAX, VNX, Clariion, etc.)
- EMC Isilon
- All flash arrays such as EMC XtremIO, Pure Systems, Solid Fire
- EMC Avamar, Networker, and DataDomain
- Nimble Storage
- Pure Storage
- Cisco or Brocade fibre channel switching infrastructure
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Dell Compellent
- HP 3Par
- NetApp FAS 2000 and 3000 series arrays
- IBM DS and XIV series arrays
- Mastery of fundamental storage concepts such as IOPS, throughput, RAID technologies, zoning, and LUN masking
- Microsoft technologies (Exchange, SQL, Active Directory, DFS)
- Windows and Unix operating systems (Windows, AIX, HPUX, Solaris, Linux)
- Snapshot and Replication software for storage arrays
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Zerto Virtual Replication
- Working knowledge of standard TCP/IP networking (subnetting, trunking, VLANs, etc)
- Working knowledge of fibre channel, iSCSI, and FCoE storage networking
- Detail orientated and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, self-directed, strong work ethic and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to engage in multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated effective client management (internal or external) skills
Clearpath Solutions Group is one of the leading commercial IT infrastructure solutions provider with operations in the greater DC, Northern Virginia, Baltimore, and Boston metro areas. With a strict focus on the commercial marketplace, we understand the technology challenges that small, medium and large businesses face. Through the use of highly efficient technologies, we help our clients become more agile, reduce cost, and remain strong in an increasingly competitive environment. Clearpath has received several recognitions for industry expertise and company growth including CRN’s Managed Servicer Provider 500 List, CRN’s Solution Provider 500, CRN’s Tech Elite 250, EMC’s 2012 SMB Partner of the Year and the Inc. Fastest Growing Companies 500/5000 Lists. Clearpath continues to grow at a blistering pace, a demonstration of our commitment to our clients.
Virtualization, Data Storage, Data Center technologies, and Cloud Integration are the core of Clearpath’s technology and service offerings. Clearpath takes a consultative approach to its client engagements which are based on gaining understanding of our clients challenges, and deep subject-matter expertise.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]