Location: Reston, VA
Position Type: Full Time
Clearpath Solutions Group is a technology integrator focused on storage, networking, and virtualization. Clearpath continues our tremendous growth story and the future is looking ever brighter for our company. We are investing in key personnel to help us achieve our vision of a full service data center services company. Due to continued growth, a strong market for our services, and a world-class reputation, we’re seeking new technical project managers to coordinate implementation and integration activities within our customer base.
Leveraging a proven project management methodology, a strong technical background and the support of their peers, our team members work closely with our customers to implement data center technology solutions. At Clearpath, our Project Managers are responsible for engaging with customers, developing and maintaining project plans, coordinating customer and staff activities, managing project timelines, dependencies, risk, and deliverables, and ultimately driving projects to successful completion.
This is a Technical Project Management Role. A technical background in Data Center technologies such as Networking, Storage, and Virtualization is required. Potential candidates must demonstrate technical appropriate acumen to effectively manage technical projects.
- As a Clearpath Technical Project Manager, you will manage multiple technical projects simultaneously and act as Clearpath Customers’ primary point of contact throughout the duration of the project
- Create and maintain project plans and schedules with interdependencies and a defined critical path
- Create resource plans for your projects from a shared resource pool while ensuring effective resource allocation and distribution across a portfolio of projects
- Prepare and disseminate internal and Customer facing communication, such as project status reports, work plans and requirements documents
- Lead project meetings with external Customers, develop presentations and participate in whiteboard sessions
- Understand, document and act upon key details in Customer meetings and internal discussions
- Ongoing development and understanding of data center infrastructure technologies, including storage, networking, virtualization, and associated implementation and migration processes, as well as the latest project management practices and standards
- Maintain Customer satisfaction throughout the lifecycle of the engagement
- Demonstrate ability to work in a dynamic environment managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, direct your own activities, demonstrate a strong work ethic, and adhere to deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Demonstrate effective Customer management (internal or external) skills
- Demonstrate excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate proficiency with project management software
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience required
- 5+ years experience successfully managing datacenter and complex IT projects
- Networking, Storage, Virtualization, Cloud, Security or Collaboration (Unified Communications) Project Management experience required
- Experience in a Professional Services environment is required (must have experience in leading external customer-facing projects; not internal operational projects)
Clearpath Solutions Group is one of the leading commercial IT infrastructure solutions provider with operations in the greater DC, Northern Virginia, Baltimore, and Boston metro areas. With a strict focus on the commercial marketplace, we understand the technology challenges that small, medium and large businesses face. Through the use of highly efficient technologies, we help our clients become more agile, reduce cost, and remain strong in an increasingly competitive environment. Clearpath has received several recognitions for industry expertise and company growth including CRN’s Managed Servicer Provider 500 List, CRN’s Solution Provider 500, CRN’s Tech Elite 250, EMC’s 2012 SMB Partner of the Year and the Inc. Fastest Growing Companies 500/5000 Lists. Clearpath continues to grow at a blistering pace, a demonstration of our commitment to our clients.
Virtualization, Data Storage, and Data Center technologies are the core of Clearpath’s technology and service offerings. Clearpath takes a consultative approach to its client engagements which are based on gaining understanding of our clients challenges, and deep subject-matter expertise.
Clearpath primarily leverages technology solutions based on EMC, VMware, and Cisco Systems product lines.
Clearpath offers a comprehensive benefits package. We provide employee healthcare and dental insurance options, vision discount plans, as well as free long-term disability and life insurance coverage. We provide a 401k retirement plan. Clearpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]