Location: Herndon, VA
Position Type: Full Time
Clearpath Solutions Group is a technology integrator focused on storage, networking, and virtualization. Clearpath continues our tremendous growth story and the future is looking ever brighter for our company. We are investing in key personnel to help us achieve our vision of a full service data center services company. Due to continued growth, a strong market for our services, and a world-class reputation, Clearpath is building out its AWS practice and is seeking a consultant that has extensive experience working with Amazon Web Services. We’re looking for someone who is familiar with AWS’ product offerings, how they are used, and how these transformative technologies impact application and environment architecture.
In this role, you’ll help our clients design new, and migrate existing applications to the AWS cloud. As a consultant, you will advise on ways to improve applications by leveraging AWS services which result in cost savings or functionality improvement.
Our consultant will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
Collaborate with customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
Define and deliver on-site technical engagements to include proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
Engagements include on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that will span hybrid, private and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
- Engaging with C-level executives to define Enterprise cloud strategies.
- Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking Enterprise challenges.
- Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
- Architecting hybrid AWS and on premise solutions for technology clusters and patterns.
- Establishing shared IT service centers for Cloud operations.
- Cost/Benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases for migration.
- Assist clients in refining requirements.
- Develop suitable AWS-based and Hybrid solutions based on customer requirements
- Generating AWS migration roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organization structures
- Collaborating with consulting and managed services partners to build and execute plans.
- Getting feedback from common Enterprise requirements into AWS service development teams.
- Amazon Associate Architect Certification desired
- Experience using and creating custom scripts and applications using the AWS SDK and/or CLI Tools.
- Experience in developing scripts using RESTful API models for the purposes of integrating workflows with AWS.
- Demonstrate the capacity to deploy complex infrastructure using CloudFormation
- Demonstrate experience in creating complex IAM policies for delegated administration within AWS.
- Architect and deploy security-conscious infrastructure within an AWS VPC environment. Understand what service are and are not available in a Private Cloud infrastructure via AWS.
- Understand compliance position as it is advertised by AWS for applications operating within both its Public Cloud and Virtual Private Cloud infrastructure.
- Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
- Delivering IT Strategy & Consulting services
- Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
- Enterprise IT management frameworks
- Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications.
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP, FISMA, FEDRAMP and FDA.
- Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 3 or more years of IT implementation experience
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, self-directed, strong work ethic and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to engage in multiple projects simultaneously
Clearpath Solutions Group is an IT infrastructure solutions provider that solves businesses’ data center challenges. We help you store, protect, process and manage your organization’s most valuable asset – information – while increasing efficiency of personnel and decreasing the cost of doing business.
Clearpath provides its clients with advanced solutions for data center processing – including modern computing, networking and storage specialties that reflect technology capabilities developed in the last few years.
Clearpath takes a consultative approach to its client engagements, which are rooted in trust-based relationships and our deep subject-matter expertise. We believe it’s our job to ensure your return on investment, so we partner with you to get the most thorough understanding possible of your challenges. And because we integrate and support all of our infrastructure solutions, you can rest assured that our consultants will be there throughout the IT lifecycle to ensure your implementation’s success.
Clearpath Solutions Group is one of the leading commercial IT infrastructure solutions provider with operations in the greater DC, Northern Virginia, Baltimore, and Boston metro areas. With a strict focus on the commercial marketplace, we understand the technology challenges that small, medium and large businesses face. Through the use of highly efficient technologies, we help our clients become more agile, reduce cost, and remain strong in an increasingly competitive environment. Clearpath has received several recognitions for industry expertise and company growth including CRN’s Managed Servicer Provider 500 List, CRN’s Solution Provider 500, CRN’s Tech Elite 250, and the Inc. Fastest Growing Companies 500/5000 Lists. Clearpath continues to grow at a blistering pace, a demonstration of our commitment to our clients.
Virtualization, Data Storage, and Data Center technologies are the core of Clearpath’s technology and service offerings. Clearpath takes a consultative approach to its client engagements which are based on gaining understanding of our clients challenges, and deep subject-matter expertise.
Clearpath’s strategic partnerships include Dell EMC, Cisco, VMware & Amazon Web Services. Our full list of partnerships can be found at https://www.clearpathsg.com/company/partnerships
Clearpath has consistently been recognized both for high quality of service by our partners, customers and industry analysts. We have also been recognized as one of the fastest growing solutions providers in the US. We were named to the Inc 500 in both 2010 and 2011, as well as the VAR500 in years ’10. ’11, ’12 and recently in ’13. We are 1 of 49 specialized cloud builders in partnership with Cisco. We are a VMware Lighthouse partner.
Clearpath offers a comprehensive benefits package. We provide company subsidized employee & family healthcare and dental insurance options, vision discount plans, as well as free long-term disability and life insurance coverage. We provide a 401k retirement plan. Clearpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]