Location: Reston, VA
Position Type: Full Time
Clearpath is currently seeking a Jr. System Engineer to join the Cloud Services team. The successful candidate should have a few years in a system admin role, with hands-on experience working with various datacenter and enterprise-level technologies and applications. Must be flexible in technology exposure and willing to stretch beyond what they currently know. The ideal candidate will need to possess exceptional team player skills, while also being self-motivated and driven to consistently deliver outstanding customer support. Additionally, the selected aspirant will have demonstrated experience with troubleshooting production problems as well as implementing, upgrading and maintaining enterprise-level systems and services.
- Daily management of Windows and Linux Server operating systems, with an emphasis in VMware Software to include vCenter, ESXi, Horizons View, hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot applications associated with delivering Clearpath’s XaaS offering
- Provide support to Cloud Services customers, internal employees and vendors. Support includes day-to-day customer level support, emergent after-hours support, and any support required to maintain a highly reliable Cloud environment.
- Document processes and activities appropriately to maintain highly reliable IT systems. Provide required elements to Call Tracking, Project Management, Change Management, and Disaster Recovery Services Guides to achieve this goal.
- Maintains and modifies systems software/hardware to ensure proper operations and to ensure clients have continued access to the system
- Monitor, analyze, and identify issues to resolve software, hardware, and data center problems.
- Contribute to technical process improvements and training across the Clearpath Cloud
- Provide 24×7 on-call production support on a rotational basis.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 2+ Years of Windows administration experience including but not limited to AD, DNS, and GPO
- 2+ Years working with vSphere in a medium-sized organization
- 1+ Year troubleshooting small networks using built-in device tools such as ping, trace route, and nslookup. Cisco preferred but Juniper, HP, or Extreme are acceptable.
- 1+ Year using various tools for alerting including Solarwinds, Nagios, HP Openview, IBM Tivioli, LogicMonitor, or ScienceLogic
Desired Skills or Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of Cisco router, firewall, switch, and access point configuration, management and troubleshooting
- Basic Linux administration such as managing file permissions, adding users, or setting up basic services
- Experience in working with for a Cloud Service Provider (CSP) or Managed Service Provider (MSP)
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong ability to balance multiple priorities in a high demand environment
- Excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Clearpath Solutions Group is one of the leading commercial IT infrastructure solutions provider with operations in the greater DC, Northern Virginia, Baltimore, and Boston metro areas. With a strict focus on the commercial marketplace, we understand the technology challenges that small, medium and large businesses face. Through the use of highly efficient technologies, we help our clients become more agile, reduce cost, and remain strong in an increasingly competitive environment. Clearpath has received several recognitions for industry expertise and company growth including CRN’s Managed Servicer Provider 500 List, CRN’s Solution Provider 500, CRN’s Tech Elite 250, EMC’s 2012 SMB Partner of the Year and the Inc. Fastest Growing Companies 500/5000 Lists. Clearpath continues to grow at a blistering pace, a demonstration of our commitment to our clients.
Virtualization, Data Storage, and Data Center technologies are the core of Clearpath’s technology and service offerings. Clearpath takes a consultative approach to its client engagements which are based on gaining understanding of our clients challenges, and deep subject-matter expertise.
Clearpath primarily leverages technology solutions based on Dell EMC, VMware, and Cisco Systems product lines.
Clearpath offers a comprehensive benefits package. We provide employee healthcare and dental insurance options, vision discount plans, as well as free long-term disability and life insurance coverage. We provide a 401k retirement plan. Clearpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer.