Clearpath Solutions Group is a technology integrator that focuses on storage, networking, and virtualization. Clearpath is currently seeking a Network Engineer to support our growing Managed Services division. A successful candidate should have five years in a network administration/engineering role, with hands-on experience working with various datacenter and enterprise level technologies and applications. Additionally, the candidate must demonstrate experience with troubleshooting production problems as well as implementing, upgrading, and maintaining network equipment.
- Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot mid- and large-scale network deployments.
- Configure networking hardware to latest industry and manufacturer standards and best practices.
- Use network monitoring tools to troubleshoot issues.
- Manage customer tickets and provide quick resolutions.
- Participate in on-call rotation and escalations.
- Work closely with Operations Managers, Project Managers and other team members to service customer’s implementation and consulting needs.
- Understanding of routing, switching, security configurations, and network troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of at least 2 of the following are required: IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, ASA, or FTD/FXOS
- Knowledge of at least 1 SD-WAN product from either VMware, Cisco, or Checkpoint is a plus.
- Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls, VMware vSphere, VMware NSX, and Cisco ISE are preferred.
- CCNA certification (or ability to obtain within 3 months), multiple professional level certifications preferred.
- Superior fault analysis, strong troubleshooting, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment on multiple issues simultaneously.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, adherence to deadlines, and ability to work independently and as a member of team.
- Education Level – Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent.
- 5+ years of Cisco-specific network administration experience.
- Experience working for a Managed Service Provider (MSP) preferred.