Clearpath Solutions Group is a technology integrator focused on storage, networking, and virtualization. Clearpath continues our tremendous growth story and the future is looking ever brighter for our company. We are investing in key personnel to help us achieve our vision of a full service data center services company. Due to continued growth, a strong market for our services, and a world-class reputation, we’re seeking a new VMware Data Center Systems Engineer to lead and support implementation and integration activities within our customer base. This individual will be part of our Technical Services team.
- Candidates should be comfortable in customer-facing scenarios, with the ability to clearly communicate and document their efforts.
- This role requires an extensive understanding of data center infrastructure including compute, storage and virtualization technologies.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience architecting and implementing data center solutions utilizing hardware and software from VMware, Cisco, and Dell/EMC
- Serve as technical lead for data center infrastructure implementation projects including new builds, upgrades, and moves
- Lead Technical design workshops to gather specifications and complete design
- Configure, deploy and test data center solutions per design including compute, storage, and virtualization components
- Successfully document previously implemented and new design configurations, technologies, and topologies for our customers
- Design, deploy, and troubleshoot mid- and large-scale data center deployments
- Work closely with Project Managers and other teams to plan and execute successful implementation for customers
- Will be required to work with various levels within an organization to explain technical decisions being made, work to resolve problems, and help the organization design for future integrations.
- Extensive time working with the following technologies VMware vCenter/vSphere, VMware vRealize suite, Cisco UCS, Dell/EMC storage
- Minimum 7 Years Experience in a systems/virtualization engineering role (with at least 3 years outwardly facing consultancy)
- Education Level - Bachelors degree or work equivalent
- 5+ years of VMware vCenter/vSphere experience with architect level knowledge
- Experience in deploying and operationalizing the vRealize Suite including vRealize Lifecycle Manager, vRealize Operations Manager & vRealize Log Insight
- Experience in designing and deploying server deployments, including Cisco UCS, Dell PowerEdge & HPE ProLiant
- Experience in designing and deploying storage arrays including those from Dell/EMC, Pure and HPE
- Experience in designing and deploying hyperconverged solutions such as VxRail
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment on multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior fault analysis, strong troubleshooting, and organizational skills
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, adhere to deadlines, ability to both work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated effective client management (internal or external) skills
- General networking knowledge and experience
- VMware VCAP-DCP strongly preferred
While not required, candidates with the required skills and any of the following additional skills are strongly desired:
- Experience in implementing VMware Horizon VDI
- Proficiency in PowerShell, PowerCLI, Python, and/or other scripting languages
- Experience in data center replication technologies such as Zerto, RecoverPoint & SRM
- Advanced knowledge of AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, etc.
- Experience in implementing backup solutions including Veaam and DataDomain/Avamar or IDPA
- Ability to perform light edge networking tasks such as ethernet port configuration, management port IP addressing, and VLAN creation
- Public cloud experience including Azure, AWS