Location: Reston, VA
Position Type: Full Time
Clearpath Solutions Group is a technology integrator focused on storage, networking, and virtualization. Clearpath continues our tremendous growth story and the future is looking ever brighter for our company. We are investing in key personnel to help us achieve our vision of a full service data center services company. Due to continued growth, a strong market for our services, and a world-class reputation, we’re seeking a network engineer to join our growing IP networking practice. This individual will be part of our network operations center team for our cloud services division. The role requires an understanding of routing protocols, ACL configuration, network troubleshooting, and extensive hands-on experience with Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, and other devices. Extensive knowledge of IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, ASA, BGP, and MPLS are preferred.
The successful candidate should be comfortable in customer-facing scenarios, with the ability to clearly communicate and document their efforts. Candidates should have a strong command of the entire Cisco product line, specifically Nexus 1K/5K/7K, Catalyst 2xxx/3xxx/45xx/65xx, and ISR/ASR/7xxx routers.
- Design, deploy, and troubleshoot mid- and large-scale network deployments.
- Manage and maintain network operations for multi-tenant networks.
- Configure networking hardware to latest industry and manufacturer standards and best practices.
- Participate in on-call rotation and escalations.
- Use of network monitoring tools to troubleshoot issues.
- Provide feedback to operations and design teams.
- Work closely with Operations Manager, Project Managers and other NOC members to services customer’s implementation and consulting needs.
- Manage customer tickets and provide quick resolutions.
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Education Level – Associates degree or degree in progress
- 3+ years of Cisco-specific network implementation and administration experience.
- CCNP a must, multiple professional level certifications preferred.
- Superior fault analysis, strong troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, adhere to deadlines, ability to both work independently and as a team.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective client management (internal or external) skills.
- Additional training in Amazon Web Services, VMware, EMC, Microsoft and Linux are a plus.
Clearpath Solutions Group is one of the leading commercial IT infrastructure solutions provider with operations in the greater DC, Northern Virginia, Baltimore, and Boston metro areas. With a strict focus on the commercial marketplace, we understand the technology challenges that small, medium and large businesses face. Through the use of highly efficient technologies, we help our clients become more agile, reduce cost, and remain strong in an increasingly competitive environment. Clearpath has received several recognitions for industry expertise and company growth including CRN’s Managed Servicer Provider 500 List, CRN’s Solution Provider 500, CRN’s Tech Elite 250, EMC’s 2012 SMB Partner of the Year and the Inc. Fastest Growing Companies 500/5000 Lists. Clearpath continues to grow at a blistering pace, a demonstration of our commitment to our clients.
Virtualization, Data Storage, and Data Center technologies are the core of Clearpath’s technology and service offerings. Clearpath takes a consultative approach to its client engagements which are based on gaining understanding of our clients challenges, and deep subject-matter expertise.
Clearpath primarily leverages technology solutions based on EMC, VMware, and Cisco Systems product lines.
Clearpath offers a comprehensive benefits package. We provide employee healthcare and dental insurance options, vision discount plans, as well as free long-term disability and life insurance coverage. We provide a 401k retirement plan. Clearpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please click below or email [email protected]