Location: Herndon, VA
Position Type: Full Time
As a Cloud Services Architect at Clearpath, you’ll be working alongside some of the savviest IT talent in the industry. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, a relentless focus on the customer experience and an ability to multitask, assimilate data, make decisions and prioritize complex work. This is a hands-on type role responsible for build-out, maintenance, releases, monitoring, and security of all infrastructure components while working closely with all other technology teams. Candidates must be willing to jump in and learn new tools and technologies in support of a very diverse set of customers.
You will leverage your hands-on skills and experience to design and deploy Infrastructure as a Service technologies, Application and Storage services
- Assess and recommend public and hybrid Cloud solutions, including Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
- Designing, managing, building, configuring, administering, operating and maintaining all components of an AWS cloud platform
- Advise customers on various Cloud solution options, discuss benefits and risks of each, and recommend a solution that aligns with the customer’s business needs and requirements.
- Developing and maintaining scripts to automate deployment and other tasks
- Scripting and maintaining build environments
- Resolving complex Windows AND/OR Linux systems administration issues
- Installing hardware and software upgrades;
- Scheduling and performing hardware/software installations and upgrades, and maintaining them in accordance with established policies and procedures;
- Test and Update DR Infrastructure. Ensure that DR Environments are ready for any DR events and any infrastructure changes are reflected in the DR environment.
- Performing system testing, operations, administration and maintenance; Identifying system performance risks and problems, and developing and presenting solutions.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
- 8+ years of technical experience with increasing responsibility
- Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure experience required
- Solid IT infrastructure background required
- Strong background in networking and storage technologies required
- Server virtualization technologies, e.g. VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V experience
- Client virtualization technologies, e.g. Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp, VMware View, Microsoft RDS and App-V experience is a plus
- Strong background in Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory design, implementation and administration desired
- Some light application development or scripting experience desired
- The following certifications are a plus: MCITP, CCA, CCNA
- Experience working in a consulting environment preferred
- Must have excellent organizational and project management skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be open to travel to client sites, mostly in the DC metro area, if needed
- Detail orientated and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, self-directed, strong work ethic and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to engage in multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated effective client management (internal or external) skills
Clearpath Solutions Group is one of the leading commercial IT infrastructure solutions provider with operations in the greater DC, Northern Virginia, Baltimore, and Boston metro areas. With a strict focus on the commercial marketplace, we understand the technology challenges that small, medium and large businesses face. Through the use of highly efficient technologies, we help our clients become more agile, reduce cost, and remain strong in an increasingly competitive environment. Clearpath has received several recognitions for industry expertise and company growth including CRN’s Managed Servicer Provider 500 List, CRN’s Solution Provider 500, CRN’s Tech Elite 250, EMC’s 2012 SMB Partner of the Year and the Inc. Fastest Growing Companies 500/5000 Lists. Clearpath continues to grow at a blistering pace, a demonstration of our commitment to our clients.
Virtualization, Data Storage, and Data Center technologies are the core of Clearpath’s technology and service offerings. Clearpath takes a consultative approach to its client engagements which are based on gaining understanding of our clients challenges, and deep subject-matter expertise.
To apply, please click below or email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]