Recapping VMworld 2013 and Introducing EMC’s VNX2
Thursday, September 19th, 12 pm – 2 pm
Clyde’s of Gallery Place, Chinatown – Washington, DC | Register
Join Clearpath, EMC & VMware on Thursday, September 19th for lunch and an interactive discussion reviewing the latest materials covered at VMworld 2013 and EMC’s launching of VNX2. Clearpath’s Virtualization Practice Manager, Josh Townsend (VMware vExpert and EMC Elect) will guide us through the latest products and updates, and help you analyze the impact of these developments on your environment.
Our recap of VMworld 2013 will review product announcements and advancements, including:
- VMware vSphere 5.5’s new features such as VSAN, vFLASH, and App HA. We’ll also look at how the vSphere platform has been improved to support more demanding workloads with double the capacity of vSphere 5.1.
- Details on the vCloud Suite, including vCloud Automation Center and vCloud Director.
- VMware’s NSX (software-defined networking), based on Nicira technology.
- VMware vCloud Hybrid Service offerings.
After reviewing the VMworld 2013 announcements, we’ll dive into the full product scope and benefits of EMC’s September 4th midrange product launch, including:
- VNX2’s multicore processing technology and how the VNX software rewrite will increase performance and scalability, and provides new features like deduplication.
- How the second-generation design incorporates flash storage technologies for increased performance through FAST Cache.
- Other EMC announcements, including EMC VIPRE, AppSync, and XtremSW.
Join us for this special event – and be sure to bring all of your questions! Our team of experts will do their best to help you understand these latest industry developments and chart your path to more streamlined systems. Sign up today – We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
PLUS – Signup for this event today and enter to win an iPad Mini! One lucky attendee will be announced as the winner at the conclusion of the event.
Date: Thursday, September 19, 2013
Time: 12 pm – 2 pm
Location: Clyde’s of Gallery Place, Chinatown
707 7th St NW
Washington, DC 20001